Sunday, January 29, 2012

the wolf is at your door…

the bastard doesn't get much chance to go to concerts anymore.

well…

let me take that back.

the bastard doesn't get much chance to go to concerts that feature bands that he likes.

I mean don't get me wrong, the Bon jovi show I went to with the wife last year was good and all but the bastard doesn't really like bon jovi.

so when Chicago jerkface put forth the idea of going to see Motörhead and megadeth last night, the bastard was in.

now make no mistake…

I don't much like megadeth either

but…

Motörhead is a different ball of wax altogether.

and they fucking ROCKED.

picture a freight train of thunder and song hooks and you're in the same room as Lemmy and crew.

the other thing is this…

Lemmy is 67 years old and subsists on a diet of whiskey and cigarettes and in the bastard's opinion, is what an aging rock star should be…

unapologetic.

and I'll always love his music for that. the fact that they were selling a tour shirt that said "no albums for two more years tour 2012" was just the goddam icing on the cake.

I hope that old man never dies.

and I thought this last night, when the set was over and I shouted at the top of my lungs, "SING MORE SONGS OLD MAN!"

this made my damn month last night. thanks.

—the bastard


No comments: