Sunday, May 06, 2012

the last time

hey…

remember that time that we saw the beastie boys at Randall's island?

rancid had just finished their set on the other stage and there was a massive push from the left…

and we were almost crushed…

and I held on to your hand for dear life as we lifted our feet up and were carried 30 yards to the side and miraculously didn't die?

do you remember?

I do.

it was the first time I ever levitated…

and it was the last concert I went to as a young man…

and you were there.

now the bastard doesn't go around talking about the time when something inside of him died.

well maybe he does…

but it was the last time I got in the shit and it was the last time I felt like a kid at a show.

I was part of a big show and so I felt like I was a part of something big.

and on the bus ride from Randall's island back to civilization, I didn't really think about these things.

but age gives old men the benefit of thinking on shit that happened in the past do I can say this.…

that day was made possible because Adam Yauch gave a shit about Tibet. and because of him I was there that day more or less.

and I'm glad that I have that memory. and I'm sorry that I'll never get the chance to see them play again.

— the bastard

No comments: