Tuesday, October 02, 2012

life in these Long Island cities



I want you to know…

it's knives out.

the bastard likes adversity in his life.

with conditions of course…

I likes it in my professional life.

it's across the river from here where I can manage it.

over here it isn't where I want it.

there's trouble afoot on my street.

the breeze texted me the other day while I had a mouthful of pizza to tell me that there had been a mugging on our block.

the vic ran in off the street and had us call the po pos.

the bastard doesn't know how that story ends yet but the long knives are out now.

and in my jacket.

the thing of it is…

the bastard can keep a watchful eye out.

always has.

there's a tiger around every corner and I want to be prepared.

downside is during the ride home…

I get ready and ready means adrenaline…

and by the time I get to Vernon Blvd…

I want to crawl out of my skin…

welcome to the new normal

at least until the family feels easy.

cause I can be easy like Sunday morning…

but if they worry…

I make sure to keep an eye out.

oh well…

go to hell…

—the bastard

No comments: