Thursday, May 03, 2012

chinese food by the landfill

make no mistake…

the bastard is not a fan of the forgotten borough…

the shao Lin…

the kills…

the port of Richmond…

every trip I ever took to staten island was in some way, shape, or form, a frikkin slog…

and I never really dug on it.

don't get me wrong I like seeing my family there…

and when I see them, it's good tiles I'm air quotes…

but it's a slog…

last weekend, the bastard brought the wife on said slog so she could chill out with her past.

this added up to an art show and I use the term loosely.

the upside being that I discovered that there is a rich soundtrack of ska in the landfill that made the evening tolerable.

but what made it great.

and there are few things I would associate the word 'great' with the landfill save for

jade island.

which may well have been the best Americanized Szechuan the bastard has every tasted.

I will come back and not because an episode of no reservations was filmed there.

i will because I will need their general tsos chicken in the future.

—the bastard




No comments: