Friday, April 12, 2013

semantics…

the other night the bastard spent debating an evening drinking overpriced whiskey…

arguing gun rights and Wayne lapierre's height with old co workers.

this was from further back in the day.

my old editor has since moved on to the times and other writer/ editors have moved to other things

and aside from a rewarding conversation I had with the first person I ran film for whom I gave my 30,000 foot up assessment of what black enterprise magazine needs to do to be competitive in the modern age…

it was a rewarding conversation…

everytime the half day would interrupt, excusing himself for interrupting to tow the flyers party line on guns…

I felt a great sense of a return to the joust that made me pay attention to discussing politics…

and it was still rewarding…

and I felt lucky…

that Out of most of the art people I knew…

I was still in the game…

for while the men of words can always find work…

the look and feel folk find themselves working at a cardiologists office because they gave up the ghost…

or worse…

they had to

so i feel lucky that I was still in it, even though one day I may not be.

—the bastard



No comments: