Monday, April 01, 2013

the flinch...



...or dumb shit i've done on my way to work

so there was this guy having a heated discussion with his girlfriend in french...

who was blocking the door...

and perhaps it wasn't heated so much as it was loud and in french...

but he was blocking the door...

and i should have thought better of it...

but i didn't as i shoved past him...

and i didn't when i added insult to injury by telling him he can step out...

yeah, so he was totally justified in losing his shit with me.

oddly enough, i didn't see red when he called me an asshole and attempted to goad me into something.

instead, i just whipped my finger out 6 inches from his face...

unexpectedly to him, i would guess as he jumped back in the crowded car.

i think i said something insulting as i stood there with my finger in his face...

pointed at his eye...

waiting for the next move...

i'm not sure but, while the bastard didn't see red, the tv snow kicked in that comes with adrenaline...

i thought it was on and reached for the steel...

then i thought better and walked away, i've already done enough dumb shit for one morning so, i take a walk...

and in his loudest french accent, he yells, "fuck you" at the top of his lungs as i walk away.

i turn briefly and quip back with, "your moms" and i'm off all the while as he shouts as many insults in an attempt to goad me back to the car as if he truly wished to be part of one of those retarded youtube videos of idiots fighting on the train...

basically, he went down the list and shouted about my mother...

because once a mother joke is made, you have to respond back with one by obligation...

my baldness...

yep, i am that...

my weight...

well, i look big in a jacket but, i've lost weight but compared to the bag of bones in wayfarers that was yelling at me, i probably was fat...

but nah...

i wasn't taking the bait.

so in retrospect...

hey, hysterical french guy who i slighted this morning...

it wasn't my finest hour and i should have thought better...

but i didn't...

and you didn't deserve to have to relive that shit for the rest of your ride to the 9/11 monument or whatever touristy thing you were headed to today...

but it happened...

and you get two for flinching

—the bastard

No comments: