Monday, January 09, 2006

...on night time

...or on it not being the right time

you know there are moments in your life and they happen often in which you see it coming but you decide to let it come anyway. you know that the bad mood is coming. or in this case the big empty. the long ass work day is over and you've gone into full crumple and you step into the music and then you see it coming. sitting right between you and brian cox. brian cox is sitting there, except he's bald and drinking an enourmous can of coors light. oh waitaminute, he has a second gigantic can. anyway, so the big empty is sitting between us and he starts singing:

This is the time of our great undoing
This is the time that I'll come running
Straight to you
For I am captured
Straight to you
For I am captured
One more time


awww dammit. now you had to go and sing straight to you. you know how nick cave makes the bastard feel all empty inside. i could move on to the next track and send him packing but hell, i see him. he sees me. and now we're gonna let it happen.

Gone are the days of rainbows
Gone are the nights of swinging from the stars
For the sea will swallow up the mountains
And the sky will throw thunder-bolts and sparks
Straight at you
But I'll come a-running
Straight to you
But I'll come a-running
One more time


nah. nah. it's alright, empty. you keep on singing. now i wanna be here. it feels cozy. you see, i was having a chat with ms. cin about drama a couple weeks back and i had read that people tend to like drama tend to like it because on some level it makes them feel some power in life. so not one to shirk off my needs, i let it come and run all through me as i blast my way off the train. wait, is that girl checking me out, or is she just really uncomfortable? who cares. i'm in it now.

Heaven has denied us its kingdom
The saints are drunk howling at the moon
The chariots of angels are colliding
Well, I'll run, babe, but I'll come running
Straight to you
For I am captured
Straight to you
For I am captured
One more time


sure it's silly but, the bastard likes to entertain himself on the way home. besides, right after that, "teenage f.b.i." by guided by voices comes on and the whole thing changes. the big empty runs screaming as the hooky goodness gets me across the street and into the darkness towards the place i sleep. true they really should put up more street lights in this burg but, the bastard can carry his own even while singing the chorus. stupid little girly man, good thing you pack a knife cause your gonna lose your street cred belting out obscure bubblegum crap like this in the middle of the night. hah! goodnight shiteyes.

—the bastard

No comments: