Sunday, January 08, 2006

...on parklife

Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as (parklife)
And morning soup can be avoided if you take a route straight through what is known as (parklife)
John's got brewers droop he gets intimidated by the dirty pigeons They love a bit of it (parklife)
Who's that gut lord marching... you should cut down on your parklife mate... get some Exercise


so the bastard finally gets a decent day out and the boy and i hit the park for a little fresh air and exercise. we hit one, and it's devoid of life. we play for a bit and the bastard fields a call from robbo. i failed to engage in the yearly ritual of drunk dialing all of my friends after midnite on news years (i mean i DID drunk dial a couple people) due to this new situation with cell phones. apparently only so much bandwidth is alloted to the swarming masses. so there is a constant dead spot in the area until 1 am anyway.

after a bit, the boy needs to interact with other humans so i say, let's go find another park, shall we. we move north and all the bastard really expected to see were out patients from the asylum across the street (yes there is an asylum in the bastard's old hood, wanna fight about it?) but there were kids kicking a ball around and the boy wanted in. he asks me, i tell him to ask them and then we're in. later on i remarked to a friend of mine over the phone that i feel like i look less like the boy's father and more like his bodyguard in my trenchcoat but hey, it's what we have to wear. anyway, i noticed some young toughs playing handball as illustrated....emmmm.....here. after a while the bastard becomes kind of relieved that the boy and his new friends decided to play elsewhere because the young toughs had some mouths on them. not that it isn't anythin I haven't heard before but, the bastard would really sleep soundly knowing that the boy might not utter some gem like ,"this muddafockin' guy", anytime too soon. as i grabbed the boys coat out of the fence i noticed that one of the young toughs was passing a telltale tiny plastic bag of something to his friend so, i took a picture (cause IT LASTS LONGER) and hoped that the boy makes better choices than these kids who didn't look so young now.

I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen (Parklife)
I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving me house (parklife)
I feed the pigeons I sometimes feed the sparrows too it gives me a sense of enormous well Being (parklife)
And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit Of my heart devoted to it


—the bastard

No comments: